Friday, September 28, 2012

Today I am thankful for quotes..
After writing out a full post about music I realized that music wasn't really what I was thankful for today and decided today I was thankful for quotes. I think I like quotes so much because they have a way of telling exactly how your feeling about a situation or even give you a different out look on things. One of my favorite quotes of all time would have to be "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you."- Christopher Robin. I love this one for many different reasons, the first being it was a favorite of my Great Grandpa Swenson. In March we lost that wonderful man but even though he is not here I feel him around me and think of him every day. At his funeral this quote was more of a comfort for me because it reminded me that families can be together forever. With this quote being at his funeral I also see it more of his way of reminding me that he will always be with me, which is why this quote will always have a place in my heart.  The second reason I love this quote is I don't think people really give themselves enough credit. On Facebook I always see post from others saying they wish they could do this better or be better in this way. I myself have been an offender of not giving myself enough credit. I never realized how strong of a person I am until this year. All the time at work when talking to guests they are always blown away by the fact that I moved out of the same state as my parents and tell me how strong and brave of a person I am for doing that. I guess I never really thought of it as being something a strong or brave person would do. It was just the life experience I wanted and felt inspired to get for myself. I love what I have learned about myself so far and enjoy seeing what progress I have made in such a little amount of time. I see more now of the long term goals I have for myself and know that with hard work I will achieve all my goals in time. I love the inspiration that quotes can fill us with, the comfort they bring, and the power they have of making us think. That is why today I am thankful for quotes. To finish up my post I will leave a couple others I like as well.                                                                                   

   "Happiness does not depend on what happens on the outside of you, but what happens on the inside of you."-G.B.H

  "The best and most beautiful things in the world
cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart."
-HK


  "Mama always said, Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."- Forrest Gump.

  "Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."-Alma 32;21.

  "The best love is the kind that weakens the soul, that makes us reach for more, that plants fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."- The Notebook






1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you Ash! As much as I miss you at home, I know you are where you are suppose to be at this time!

    p.s. lets not try to make me cry with every post..Geesshh!

    ReplyDelete